Bal-Ron Jewelry Company History

The history of the Bal-Ron jewelry manufacturing company began in 1944 in Providence, Rhode Island. Its name consists of the first three letters of the last names of its two founders. They were Harry Ballon (1888 – 1968) and Frank C Ronci (1921 – 1981). While Frank Ronci was a budding jeweler, Harry Ballon had ran his own jewelry company, The Harry Ballon Co, for over 25 years.
Established by Harry Ballon before 1920, The Harry Ballon Co, were engravers firm located at 246 Eddy Street, Providence. In 1922, when Max Bolotin acquired an interest, the firm changed its name to Harry Ballon & Co, and moved to 26 Custom House Street.

A native of Providence, Frank Ronci joined the firm in 1939 and worked for a few years, first as an apprentice, then maker and designer.



Bal Ron Company became corporation in 1947. The incorporators were Frank Ronci (president), Harry Ballon (vice-president), and Max Bolotin (treasurer). Harry Ballon retired in 1954, and Frank Ronci became the sole owner of the Bal Ron Co Inc, manufacturer of costume jewelry consisting of all gold filled jewelry.

Establishing Ronci Jewelry Company
Expanding his costume jewelry business, Frank Ronci founded the Ronci Company. The new firm was a division of Bal Ron and was located at the same address, 10 Abbott Park Place Providence 3, Rhode Island. Frank Ronci’s brother, Anthony, was a jeweler, and he was working for his brother for many years of his life, at Bal-Ron Ronci Jewelry Companies.
The last mention of the Bal Ron jewelry company in the Rhode Island Directory of Manufacturers dates back to 1975.

Bal-Ron vintage jewelry and ads















